So this past week was good! I went on exchanges with the Spanish
missionaries, that was a good experience, I understood very little.
But saw many miracles. I also went on exchanges with elder Weber.
Exchanges are always good and I always learn something and see some
kind of miracle every exchange I go on. Something I find very
interesting here is how legal guns are. The other day I saw a man
riding a motorcycle with a pistol strapped to his back. If you are 18
here you can open carry weapons and you need to be 21 to conceal
carry. Also we'll be sitting in our apartment at night and will hear
random gunshots, that are possibly fireworks. I love this area. Also
something that is not very normal for me is how cheap gas is here.
This morning at circle k we saw gas for $1.37 per gallon. Is it like
that at home? We went up to globe this past week and taught out
investigator, he has a baptismal date and will be baptized March 19th.
He has stage 4 cancer and should pass very soon so he hasn't been able
to go to Church at all so we have gotten permission to baptize him in
his local ward. He is a great man I am happy I got to meet and teach
and become friends with him. I am so very excited for Courtney to
arrive home and am sad I will miss her homecoming but I know she will
be well!
Also I got an opportunity to use my broken Spanish, we went to
contact a possible deaf referral and a woman lived there who only
spoke Spanish, I started by saying muy poco and I tried to ask her if
sordo aqui? Meaning deaf here? Then she spoke in Spanish more and said
uno dos tres espanol and pointed to other apartments, I said sordo?
No no espanol. Oh ok ok then said nada sordas? No no, then we left. We
think she is a member and will give her information to the Spanish
missionaries. Fun experience
Love y'all
Have an awesome week
With love,
Elder Stotts
No comments:
Post a Comment