Elder Grayson Stotts

Elder Grayson Stotts

Doing service for people on the run..

This week was good again! I went on exchanges with Elder Weber and
Elder Hearne, we call ourselves  the dirty hearing kids, and I went on
an exchange with Elder Hearne the day after. Last week we also had a
branch activity with pulled pork sandwiches and then members signed up
to act out Book of Mormon stories. We were involved with the Parkes
family skit, they acted out Lehi's vision, elder Hearne and I were
laman and Lemuel. Then we were involved with a recent convert named
Samuel, we did Samuel the lamamite. He was Samuel and preached to all
of us wicked nephites. We shot at him with weapons, missed then he
said see ya later and jumped off the wall. It was a lot of fun. Then
on Saturday we had service at the Phoenix marathon. Each zone in our
mission had 10 people volunteer, we were lucky enough to help with
that. We were at mile 19 for the marathon and mile 6 for the Half
marathon. We were at the stations where they give out water, Gatorade,
and energy gel packets, elder Hearne and I were at the very beginning
of all the stations. We assigned ourselves to do that so we could be
the first people the runners saw and we would also be the loudest
cheerers. We gave out vanilla energy gels with no caffeine, so as
people ran by we would scream VANILLA NO CAFFEINE!!!!!! Our station
ran out first by a long shot. Many people ran by and said "hey elders"
or "hey it's the missionaries!" One man ran by and said "is that some
of your Mormon juice?!" We found that hilarious. We then helped with
water and ran back and forth handing people water spilling it
everywhere. It was a good service opportunity and lots of fun. Also on
Saturday we went down to globe and San Carlos and taught our
investigator who will be baptized this Saturday, I am very excited for
him. Then we picked up a new investigator referred to us by the elders
in San Carlos. I think she is very interested in learning more about
what we have to teach, her boyfriend is also taking the lessons but
from the English elders. Hope y'all have another good week! I'm happy
Courtney made it home safe!
Love you all!
Elder Stotts

Refreshemnt Crew

Keep running...

1 comment: