Elder Grayson Stotts

Elder Grayson Stotts

My last week in the MTC

Hello! This is my last pday here at the mtc! I am so excited to finally leave the mtc but know at times that i will truly miss it! I want to come back here and be a teacher when i get back. I have learned so much. I love my teachers so much! They are the best and are so inspired!    

Seriously if i havent said it enough time really flies here and it is so important to put your full effort in because this is the lords time and it is only a short two years. So Elder Sandkamp and I are the new zone leaders. We will be going to a total of two meetings with the presidency and this past wednesday we brought the new missionaries in our zone into the conference room and had them introduce their comapainions and set them straight on a few rules. Then right after that we took the Elders on a tour around the campus and then brought them back to the dorms. They are a great group of elders and they will all be wonderful missionaries. Elder Sandkamp and I had to make the sacrament and priesthood meeting schedules as well. I enjoyed serving in this leadership position and will no longer be the zone leader after Sacrament meeting. Oh so because we are the asl zone leaders they have us do the sacrament in asl so on sunday two elders in my district will be signing it. So tuesday night devotional was WONDERFUL. It was our last one and for our last one we got a special visitor. Elder Anderson of the quorum of the 12 came! He introduced a topic SOAD. It stands for Sacrifice, Opposition, Adversary, and Deliverance. He talked about the great and eternal sacrifice of Jesus Christ. he also talked about how not one of our sacrifices is better than another. We all have to sacrifice throughout our lives. It is an eternal principle. He also said that every single missionary sacrificed something to come on a mission. He talked about sid going, and how he gave up a rugby career to go on a mission and how he loved his mission and was glad he went. The lord blesses us as we sacrifice. I have seen so many blessings already of serving a mission. I know that it will change me for the better. So because we had a hunch that a member of the 12 would be coming I got all the Elders in my district to sing. I told them, "When again in your life are you going to sing for a member of the 12 in the MTC? NEVER" That seemed to work. We sang more holiness give me. It was very powerful. I will miss singing in the tenor section of the mtc choir. Our progressing investigators are doing great and we go one committed to be baptized. The other cant read or write or sign so it is hard trying to communicate all of the gospel principles. I loved teaching them and our last time teaching them is Monday. Then we get to hear our deaf teacher brother featherstone talk Monday. I am excited for that.
I love you all and appreciate all the love and prayers I have received while being here. Thank you for all the letters and packages!
With love,
Elder Stotts


No comments:

Post a Comment