Hello everyone!
We had a lesson with an investigator that is a 11 year old hard of hearing
girl. We have been having trouble with her understanding so we taught with
lots of visuals and as simple as we could. We taught the Gospel of Jesus
Christ, My favorite lesson! She said something that really stuck out to me
but was funny. We asked her "do you want to live with god?" ......
"No"...... "Why!?"....... her answer: "I want to live with my
family"......... "oh ok so you want to live with god and your
family"......"yes". What is really important about the gospel is that we
can later live with our families forever. And not only with our families
but with our heavenly father and Jesus Christ. With his gospel we can all
achieve that! Usaully when we teach her we sign and talk at the same time
to give her both options of ASL and English. We also had a really good lesson with an investigator who is super smart!
We also had a really good lesson with an investigator who is super smart! She basically taught us the lesson. That lesson was at the visitor center
and at one point during the visit we went to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
booth, at that we watched segments of baptism and the Gift of the Holy
Ghost. During the Holy Ghost video she proclaimed "I want baptism." It
caught me and Elder Glenn by surprise.
Throughout my mission I have studied prayer. This past week I was reading
in Mosiah 26 and I came across something that I didn't notice before.
13 And now the spirit of Alma was again troubled; and he went and inquired
of the Lord what he should do concerning this matter, for he feared that he
should do wrong in the sight of God.
14 And it came to pass that after he had poured out his whole soul to God,
the voice of the Lord came to him, saying:
Then the Lord reply is 17 verses, pull it up and read his reply.
I encourage you all to pray and give thanks to the Lord in all you do. Pour
out your whole souls in prayer and ask for his help that you won't make the
wrong decision.
Love you all!
Elder Stotts
I enjoy serving with Elder Glen
No comments:
Post a Comment