Elder Grayson Stotts

Elder Grayson Stotts

My Birthday week

May 30 2016

Thank you all again for the many birthday wishes!

This week was rather interesting. To start off we found new
investigators the week before last and last Monday we started teaching
them. It is a deaf married couple with a young daughter. The husband
knows both MSL and Asl but the wife knows only MSL so we brought a
recent convert of ours who grew up in Mexico and knows Mexican sign. I
hope to get a little bit of skill in that by the end of my mission. I
think that would be sweet. So we taught them and it went well. During
the opening prayer I noticed the husband bowed his head and closed his
eyes the whole time even after the prayer had ended, then he peeked
his eyes open to see if the prayer was finished. He must have grown up
in a hearing family who went to church and that was what he was used
to. It was a sweet and spiritual experience.
Also on Tuesday we went to the the temple and we went to San Carlos to
teach an investigator then to go find a referral she had given us the
directions to. Well we drove trying to find a baseball field but
apparently we made a wrong turn and went all the way too the Coolidge
dam that was dedicated in 1930. A man we met said that bridge uses to
be the main road through San Carlos. It was neat. I've never seen
anything like it.

Then on Wednesday we had an awesome pre birthday dinner. After that
later ant night we headed to see one of our investigators. As we were
at her door talking these 4 teenage kids come up 3 boys 1 girl and ask
if we were Mormons. They reeked of weed. They asked if we had any
pamphlets so I walked to the car to get one. One of the boys made sure
to clarify that it wasn't for him but that it was for his mom who is
Catholic but that he worships the adversary. Then I grab it out if the
car and I hear the girl say "watch this" I thought they were about to
jump me or something but I felt some kind of prompting to ask as I was
closing the car door if it was for her. She said it wasn't then said
some pretty dark thinks for example, that if I gave her the pamphlet
she would take it home and burn it, and after that other she said
stuff that has since been Ingrained in my memory. It was an
Interesting experience but I'm happy nothing happened.

Then Thursday we helped a referral we had been given and her hearing
sister move to a different part of Mesa.

The. Friday was my birthday and it was enjoyable. Thank you all again.

Saturday we went to San Carlos again in search of the referral again
but weren't able to find it. We stopped in globe and we're getting
gas. This 20 year old Indian man came up to us and said "Hey yo MOP"
whatever that meant. He tried talking to Elder Jackson and was
flabbergasted when he realized he was deaf. Turns out the man was
drunk. I asked him now he had got there and if he drove, he started
cracking up and said look at my ride, pointing at nothing, he said I
don't have one, and cracked up again that he almost fell over. I gave
him a Book of Mormon and picture of Jesus. I tried to get his
information but there are rarely any addresses on the San Carlos
reservation. He was an Interesting fellow and I'm happy I got to meet
him. On the way back from San Carlos we saw him on the street a
distance away from the gas station making the long journey on foot
back to San Carlos.

Then church in Sunday. Spiritual as always in the Mesa branch

Love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Stotts

No comments:

Post a Comment