Elder Grayson Stotts

Elder Grayson Stotts

I Love Arizona

Happy Father's Day yesterday to all the amazing fathers!!
Well officially we wake up every morning and it gets to be about 90
degrees by 8 o clock. It's officially summer. Apparently last year
summer like this started back in May but we are lucky to have it
become very hot in June instead.
I love walking in our apartment when we are only allowed to set it as
low as 78 and it feels cool. Elder Jackson has told me that 80 and 90
will start to feel cool to me also. And then when we leave our
apartment it feels like we just walked into an oven.

On Monday we had our normal pday and went shopping and came across
people who asked if we believed we will get our own worlds. So yeah
that's always fun. Gotta love it! Then we helped a sister in our
branch dig up a small tree that decided to grow by her orange tree. As
we were driving back to change clothes we were not completely sure
what we would do next. So we considered our options, prayed about it,
got an answer then acted on that. Turned out from that we had a
miracle happen. We felt we should visit a man who is less active with
the rest of his family being active and we haven't been able to talk
with this man the whole time I've been here. We texted the wife to see
if he happened to be there so we could catch him and it turned out to
our surprise she said that he was outside working on his car. So we
arrive and catch him in the nick of time, just as he was closing his
garage to go inside. We told him of his Heavenly Fathers love for him
and that we feel Heavenly Father inspired us to go there and visit him
to tell him as such. We saw a slight pause on him as something may
have clicked inside him. He feels god has punished him and that is why
he is deaf. So we set up an appointment to share a quick spiritual
thought the next day. We shared 1 Nephi 11:17 with him at that
appointment.

On Tuesday we went to Globe for some quick visits with people. After
our dinner appointment that night as we were leaving one missionary
that is in my district called us saying that the Mission President and
his wife, the assistants, and our zone leaders were not answering
their phones. Turned out his companion got hit by a car while they
were riding their bikes (He got a nice bruise out of it but no serious
damage). We gave a way our bike rack so there wasn't much we could do
to help with the ride situation so we called Elders in a different
zone with a bike rack that we used to be in to go help. While they
were there they talked to the lady who had recently hit the missionary
and turns out she used to take the lessons and was now interested
again! The lord works in mysterious ways. Sometimes good people seem
to get hurt or injured for the salvation of others:)
During that time we went to the LA members house and shared that short
scripture with him. Then after we went to give the injured Elder who
is hurt a priesthood blessing.

Wednesday we had our last mini zone conference where President and
Sister Jenkins gave their goodbyes and shared some insights that they
usually share with missionaries as they depart.
They also said how home teaching really is a priesthood duty. It's one
of the most important "callings" in the church. And I read a quote in
preach my gospel when we teach investigators and non members all we
really are doing is home teaching, just in a different form. Then for
lunch we went to cafe rio with Elder Weber and his companion Elder
Kitchen and who would have guessed that a member paid for it. That was
fun to see him again. Then we helped some people we try to visit and
try to  teach from time to time move.
Also I found out who my new companion may be come this next trader
when Elder Jackson leaves. It may be an Elder in our mission who is
from England who knows some BSL (British sign language). In that
language they use both their hands to fingerspell rather than one in
asl. I have always wondered how that would work if you only had one
hand. But that will be a neat change for him. He's really the only one
in our mission who has some knowledge of Sign language.

Thursday we had ztm or zone training meeting. I get to interpret at
those meetings for Elder Jackson and I learned a lot too. We all set
up goals as a zone.

Friday we had weekly planning and we went to globe and taught our asl
class again. Sadly there was no rain there this time. For personal
study I studied 3 Nephi chapter 25:1-3. I studied them more deeply and
I would encourage you to do that as well. There are really fascinating
meanings behind those verses.

On Saturday we went on a mini exchange because I needed to stay in
Mesa for a baptismal interview and we set up an appointment in Globe
with an investigator who is really only available on weekends. He was
best friends with the man we baptized up there and haven't gotten a
chance to teach him since the baptism because of many things that
conflict. So Elder Jackson brought a member with him and had a good
time and visit with the investigator. I stayed with 2 missionaries in
Mesa and had a good exchange with them too. It's different doing
English work but I like it.
I have noticed as well as others in my district that I use way poor
English grammar now especially as I talk. I guess that's what happens
when you sign all day. Perks

And then on Sunday it was Father's Day and they decided to give us
Father's Day treats even though we aren't dads yet. That was nice. And
my favorite news!! One of our investigates showed up to church!!
Woooooo!
And today sadly we had to give up Calee the Corolla up because she has
hit her peak! Now we drive a Cruze!

It was a great week! I love it here in Mesa. This is truly the lords
work not ours and he leads it to where he wants it to go if we are
willing to listen.
Love you all! Stay cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment